Thursday, March 22, 2007

National Champions The Florida Gators at the White House

Every year the President invites the NCAA football champions to come to the White House for a ceremony. I was lucky enough to get invited this year. It was awesome! When I arrived there were already about 150 people in line so I figured I would have awful seats. As I was walking to get in line a security agent said to me "This is a new line, you want in?" So I was one of the first into the event and had front row seats for the guests! (Family and School officials were still in front of me.) I ran into Bernie Machen and his wife Chris, the former President at the University of Utah who is now the President at the University of Florida. It was great seeing him. Here are some pictures from the event.

Here I am on the White House Lawn with the Florida Gators behind me

President Bush and the Florida Gators

The Legend Urban Meyer

President Bush taking a handoff from Chris Leak
President Bush and former Utah President, now Florida President, Bernie Machen

Tim Tebow signing autographs

Mike with Andre Caldwell, and all star wide receiver for Florida. Check out that ring!

The celebrity Chris Leak

Urban Meyer - Former Ute

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.