Sunday, April 1, 2007

Cherry Blossoms at the TIdal Basin

After the first session of Conference today, Lizzy and I went over to the the Tidal Basin with the Qualters to check out the Cherry Blossoms. They were gorgeous! On our way over there I received a call from my parents saying they had been called to serve a mission in Mongolia! I was sooo shocked, I quickly put the phone on speaker and asked them to tell Lizzy.... Lizzy said to me "It's April Fools Day," I quickly realized my parents had gotten me on my favorite holiday of the year! I was so mad I hadn't realized it was April Fools Day. Anyhow, they got me good. We had a great time at the Cherry Blossoms Festival, here are some pictures.

The beautiful Cherry Blossoms up close

Mike and Liz enjoying the blossoms

Mike Q, Lizzy, and Elaine Q pausing to pose at the Tidal Basin

Lizzy at the Tidal Basin with the Washington Monument in the background

Elaine enjoying the blossoms

Whooa! What is that?

We paused to have a picnic under the blossoms

Q...what are you doing?

Lizzy and Elaine with their favorite symbol behind

Here are a few more artistic photos from the day...





4 comments:

Pamela Nelson said...

Mike,
These photos are beautiful, and of course so are the people. What do you mean their favorite symbol? Never mind don't answer, I know what you are going to say. I really need to have Dad get this going for us. He would enjoy it.
Love, Momma

Pamela Nelson said...

Mike,
These photos are beautiful, and of course so are the people. What do you mean their favorite symbol? Never mind don't answer, I know what you are going to say. I really need to have Dad get this going for us. He would enjoy it.
Love, Momma

Anonymous said...

Eagle, nice pics man. BTW, what am I doing? Q

Anonymous said...

Oh and upon seeing the symbol I started humming 'oh christmas tree' for some strange reason and other christmas hymns. Q