Saturday, June 9, 2007

Fly-Fishing the Gunpowder

On Saturday, I took Mike Q and Scotty P up to Gunpowder Falls for a day of fly-fishing. We had a great time even though the fish weren't too active. I spent some time helping Mike and Scott with their casts and they made some good progress. I made an error in judgment in deciding where to go; I took us to a stretch of the Gunpowder that requires long accurate casts. However, the scenery was beautiful and it was fun being with Scott and Mike on the river. Fishing with the collarbone wasn't too difficult because the left hand is used for line control and doesn't require too much movement. However, my shoulder did fatigue and it got a little uncomfortable. I also got to put my new waders I got at the Orvis Outlet to use. We had a great day and I hope we can get up there again shortly.

Scotty P and Mike Q casting to trout on the Gunpowder


Mike, Scotty P, and Mike Q after a fun day on the river.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. that guy in the sunglasses looks like a pro!

Pamela Nelson said...

Mikey,
I have been thinking the same thoughts. I said tto Dad that no player has captured the admiration and attention of MJ. My memories of his beauty on the court are completly intermingled with memories of you as you grew into the wonderful person you are today-mom

Anonymous said...

Did Mamma Nelson mean MJ or MQ? Just wondering. Q