Thursday, March 29, 2007

First Batch of Scones!!!

The other day, I was thinking about how much I love my Momma's scones and how much I would love to have some. My parents used to make us scones on special occasions. I remember my Mom and Dad letting me invite all my friends over on my B-Day to have scones. They would make a huge pile of dough, get a pot of grease, and go to town. Well, Lizzy and I didn't make our own dough, but we did make scones. Our friends told us you could make them with Rhodes Roll dough, so we bought some, defrosted them, and gave it a try. Just the smell of the oil heating up brought great memories back for me. It took a few to get it right. The first few I allowed the oil to get too hot, so we cooled it down. The next few I made too big and they didn't cook all the way through. Then I remembered my ma and pa stretching them out thin in the middle and a little thicker on the edges. I also cut the dough down to one ball per scone. Once we got it right, they were delicious! We are thinking about creating a monthly Sunday tradition where we invite our friends to come over and have scones with us, we'll see if it takes place. Here are some pics from our first attempt at making scones!

Lizzy making her first scone...

Mike cooking up some mean scones! After a few demo runs...

Mmmmm! The delicious taste of scones!

Second Batch of Scones.... MARCH 30

Friday night we had the Palmers over to see if the scones could pass the friends test...I think the Palmers enjoyed them, I sure did! We have eaten other things over the last week besides scones.

Scott and Katie P enjoying the scones...

2 comments:

Phloo said...

Warm up the oil, I'll be there on Sunday.

Katie said...

Wow, who is that hottie with Katie? :) They were GREAT scones...thanks Nelsons!